Today we are discussing two Government schemes – Ujh Project and Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
- The Central Govt. proposes to build a water reservoir of 0.65 MAF on the Ujh river which is a tributary of the Ravi river.
- For this a DPR (detailed project report) has been prepared and forwarded to the J&K Govt.
- From this reservoir 30,000 hectare land can be irrigated and at the same time 200 MW electricity can also be generated.
- In the absence of such a project on the Ujh, water mass created by the river remained unused every year and was finally lost to Pakistan.
- The Ravi river originates in the Rohtang Pass situated in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh.
- This river passes from Himachal Pradesh through J&K and from there passes into Pakistan.
- In Pakistan the Ravi merges into the Chenab river in Jhang district where the Thin Dam has been built on it.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana
The present Central Govt. has renamed the Agriculture, Sea Produce Processing and Agricultural Processing Cluster Development Project and has put forth it as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana.
Objectives of the Yojana
To modernise agricultural processing and to minimize unnecessary damage to resources during farming.
Rs. 6,000 crore have been allotted for the project.
- By 2019-20 nearly 334 lakh metric tonne of farm produce will be stored which will be beneficial for 20 lakh farmers and as many as 5,30,500 direct and indirect employment opportunities will be created.
- The implementation of this project will involve creation of modern infrastructure and will lead to creation of an effective supply chain as well as effective management of cereals from farms to the retail shops.
- This will give impetus to food processing in India.
- A great number of employment opportunities will be created especially in the rural regions.
- The farmers will get better price for their products thereby paving the way to doubling their income.
- This project will stall loss of farm produce, improve the level of food processing, make safe and ready processed food available to the consumers at reasonable prices.
- This project may result in improving supply management and creation of a modern infrastructure.
Govt Schemes Collection Available Here>> Govt. Programmes