In the 2018-19 budget, the Central Govt. has launched Gobar Dhan Yojana which will enable the farmers to manage and re-utilize the cattle dung. The farmer may use the waste as fertilizer in agriculture. This scheme will improve the life of the rural people.
Short Note on Gobar Dhan Yojana
By Gobar Dhan we mean the bio-agro resources. Under this Yojana cattle dung will be used as biofuel/bio-CNG as well. Thus this scheme is yet another scheme meant for doubling the income of the farmers by 2022.
The key features of Gobar Dhan Scheme are as follows :-
- The full form of the word Gobar is Galvanizing Organic Bio-agro Resources.
- Under this scheme solid waste and cattle dung and urine will be used to manufacture fertilizer.
- Bio-Gas and Bio-CNG will also be produced from these resources.
- This scheme will improve the living level of the villagers and also help in curbing open defecation.
- The farmers will increase their income by using as well selling cattle waste at a price.
- In the 2018-19 budget, the Central Government has selected 115 districts for overall development in a number of fields. It is expected that the Gobar Dhan Yojana will be made operational in these very districts.
More about this Scheme
The Gobar Dhan Scheme aims to provide economic assistance to the farmer and also to make him financially self-reliant. He will also be motivated to manufacture compost himself so as to strengthen his farming system. In order to develop India it is imperative that each Indian village is included in the country’s GDP. Only then we can emerge soon as a great power. Emphasis is to be given on production of bio-gas electricity because huge amount of cattle dung and similar solid waste is available in the backward regions of the country. Thus the Gobar Dhan Yojana will go a long way to partially solve energy crisis.
Indian companies are mainly operative in urban areas. This scheme will allure them to engage themselves in the rural areas as well. If this scheme is implemented properly, it will assist the country in achieving the 2019 target set for the Clean India Campaign.
This Scheme will encourage the villagers to opt for cattle farming as it will help improve their financial resources.
India has always been facing energy crisis because of its limited conventional fuel production. Production of bio-gas and bio-CNG through cattle dung will minimise use of conventional fuels and thus will be a huge money saver for the nation.
Source: PIB, The Hindu
All Govt. Programs available here>> GOVT SCHEMES